Following the recent government announcement and the letter from CCC this week, we are writing to outline our plans from 1st June.
The Cartmel Cluster of Schools will continue to operate the childcare hub from Monday 1st June for vulnerable children and children of keyworkers based at Lindale CE Primary School. Individual schools will remain closed until further notice. As Headteachers, we will continue to closely monitor and review the situation, both with regard to individual schools and as a cluster. At all times we will take into account government guidance and advice with the intention to move to increasing provision for other year groups as soon as possible.
To access the childcare keyworker parents must first register their childcare requirement by completing the LA online form prior to making their first booking.
To book childcare: please click on the link below:
Please note the following:
· Bookings can be made, rescheduled or cancelled up to 7pm the day before;
· The hub is for children aged 2 to 11 years and is available Monday-Friday from 8.30am to 5.30pm.
· A school meal will be available to order on the day: Thyme Out in Grange will be catering and they can facilitate meals for all dietary requirements. Alternatively, please send your child with a packed lunch;
· Full school uniform is not required, however, please ensure your child wears their school sweatshirt and trainers. It is important that they wear freshly laundered clothing each day. They will also need to bring a water bottle, snack, coat and a pair of gloves for handling outdoor equipment and any medication they may be taking;
· We have tried wherever possible to rota staff from the different schools each day so children have a familiar adult, but please be aware there may be occasions when this hasn’t been possible.
· There is a voluntary one-way system down the hill to access the school;
· When dropping off or collecting your child, please be aware of and practise good social distancing measures.
We are very grateful to all the staff volunteers across our cluster of schools who are providing this service, but please only use this service when you have exhausted all available child care options. Remember if possible, it is better for your child to be at home.
Cartmel Cluster Schools’ Headteachers
Grange Hub at Lindale CE Primary School