If you are unsure about items of school uniform please check with our uniform supplier, Identity in Barrow, so that you know what to buy. If you wish to buy plain items of uniform from elsewhere please ensure they are not branded with logos.
Uniform can be purchased from our supplier located at:-
Identity, Unit 2, Business Park, Peter Green Way, Barrow-in-Furness LA14 2PE
Tel: 01229 823584
Or order online at www.oneidentity.co.uk and your order will be delivered to school
- White Polo Shirt (not red)
- Grey Trousers, School Shorts, pinafore dresses and skirts (not black)
- Red sweatshirt / Sweatshirt cardigan available with logo from Identity
- Plain red sweatshirt or cardigan
- Red and white checked dresses
- Book bag – slim style to fit in drawer available with logo from Identity
- Black School Shoes
- Tights – grey or red; socks white or grey
- Red sports T-shirt for PE – quick dry material (available at Identity with logo)
- Black PE shorts (with or without logo)
- Identity red hoodie – for PE only (available at Identity with Logo) alternatively black sweatshirt for PE
- Black jogging bottoms for outdoor PE
- PE bag – red with cord from Identity
In addition children need black pumps for PE and trainers for outdoor PE.
Long hair should be tied back for school and especially PE.
KS2 children also wear black pumps for indoor footwear.
No nail varnish should be worn for school.
Please ensure that all clothing is clearly marked with the child’s name, this will not only help your child become independent, but help staff reunite lost clothing with their owners!
FROGS have arranged that all purchases from Identity accrue commission which is used to purchase sports kit for our teams to wear at competitions.
The Governors wish to discourage the wearing of jewellery in Grange School by pupils, with exceptions for cultural or religious reasons. The only jewellery that will be permitted if they are not able to be removed for school is one pair of small plain earring studs. These should not be novelty earrings or the hoop type.
All jewellery (religious items) and wristwatches must be taken off before a child participates in P.E. and games lessons, to comply with Health & Safety policy. Such items should be handed in to the teacher for safe keeping and returned at the end of the lesson. Teachers are not allowed to take ear rings or ear studs out, as this is the responsibility of the child. Ear studs can be covered with micro pore plaster, but again this must be administered by the child. Children with long hair must have it tied back for P.E. for health and safety reasons and should have a suitable bobble in their P.E. bag for this purpose.
School Uniform Vouchers
If you are in receipt of certain state benefits or tax credits you may be eligible for School Uniform Vouchers - click here to apply online or find out more.